K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Connection Aux Number

#1 by johnfarrugia , Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:15 am

When connecting to the controller using the 23 telnet port, How do I get the connected AUX number?
In my program I use lines of printable code for troubleshooting purposes using TYPE channel: "Unloading robot" where "channel" is a variable associated with the AUX channel that the software connected to.
That way when the robot controller prints these messages its only to the port the software is connect on.
Is there anyway to get the connection AUX number?

johnfarrugia  
johnfarrugia
Date registered 02.02.2022

RE: Connection Aux Number

#2 by cquante , Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:15 am

Dear johnfarrugia,

thank you for your comment!

If I am honest, I never cared about the AUX number. K-IDE is using KRCC (Kawasaki Robot Control Class) to connect to the robot's controller. The connection class don't return the AUX number after connecting.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by johnfarrugia , Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:32 pm

What is the benifet to using the Kawasaki Robot Control Class over a telent connection with an AUX return? With K-IDE using control class how would I direct messages to that interface for troubleshooting needs?

johnfarrugia  
johnfarrugia
Date registered 02.02.2022

#4 by cquante , Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:38 am

Hi!

Zitat von johnfarrugia im Beitrag #3
What is the benifet to using the Kawasaki Robot Control Class over a telent connection with an AUX return? With K-IDE using control class how would I direct messages to that interface for troubleshooting needs?

The KRCC is the tool of choice for communicating with the robot from C#. If you do a bare telnet connection you'll have to handle all of the communication stuff by yourself and that's not documented.

AFAIK PRINT and TYPE messages are directed to the terminal that started the program by default. So if you start a program in K-IDE you'll receive the messages in the "Terminal&Log" window. There are serveral other ways to get messages from the controller such as using a string window on the interface panel or a string array as a ring buffer for inspection in the K-IDE.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

How to use tabs for indentation?
TCP IP between to RS30N

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz