K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Variable Watch List

#1 by johnfarrugia , Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:07 am

There is an inspection list that can be used to watch variables. However, My program is extremely large and anytime I want to add an inspection item it takes minutes to have the selection list populate to add the one I want. Would it be possible to allow me to type in a variable name so I don't need to wait for the variable list to populate. Its pretty much unusable with a program this large.

The following user say thank you: cquante
johnfarrugia  
johnfarrugia
Date registered 02.02.2022

RE: Variable Watch List

#2 by cquante , Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:04 am

Dear johnfarrugia,

thank you for your idea! You are right, that may be save some time. We will keep this in mind.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by cquante , Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:58 am

Zitat von johnfarrugia im Beitrag #1
There is an inspection list that can be used to watch variables. However, My program is extremely large and anytime I want to add an inspection item it takes minutes to have the selection list populate to add the one I want. Would it be possible to allow me to type in a variable name so I don't need to wait for the variable list to populate. Its pretty much unusable with a program this large.

I have discussed with my colleagues and taken a deeper look into the code and structure. The prefered way of adding a new variable to the watch list is to select the variable out of the editor or the variable lists. To do so just right-click on the variable name in the text editor or variable list and select "add to inspection list" or select one or more variables in the variable lists and click on the black-eyed button to add more than one variables to the inspection list at once. Using the add button in the inspection list is just an alternative way of adding a variable but it is not the prefered way.

What do you think?

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#4 by R.Tumanov , Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:16 am

Dear Christian,
my wish for the watch list would be that the csv export orders the data as in the screenshot, so that a nice chart can be created with simple clicks. The overview will also be better because the names of the variables do not have to be written down for each cycle. On the left side is the current state and on the right would be my suggestion.
That would help me a lot in the future, is that possible?

Roman Tumanov
Application Engineer
Technical Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 2023-06-08 11_08_56-.png 

R.Tumanov  
R.Tumanov
Date registered 01.27.2020

find unused precision and translation points
Copy positions

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz