K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

empty interface panel is not sent

#1 by TRapp , Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:35 am

When I delete all content of the interface panel and send the "empty" panel to the robot, the old content will not be deleted.
I exported the "empty" panel - and the file is really empty

Then I edited the AS sourcecode in KIDE:

.INTER_PANEL_D
.END
.INTER_PANEL_TITLE
"",0
"",0
"",0
"",0
"",0
"",0
"",0
"",0
.END
.INTER_PANEL_COLOR_D
.END

But after transfer everything with "send AS file to the robot" - the robot still has the old panel content.
After downloading a backup form the robot - I saw that the whole INTER_PANEL section was not overwritten.

It's not a big problem ... I just created an unused pilot lamp on the last page - then all the other content can be deleted.

TRapp  
TRapp
Date registered 06.24.2023

RE: empty interface panel is not sent

#2 by cquante , Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:03 am

Dear TRapp,

thank you for the report!

K-IDE cannot "delete" the interface panel from the robot. K-IDE can only send empty interface panel data to the robot like you did. The expected reaction of the controller is an empty interface panel.

To be honest, I never removed the interface panel entirely from the robot. But I did a quick test with K-Roset and got the same result.

The reason for this is the fact that K-IDE did not generate panel data entries if there is no panel data. As a result, no empty ".INTER_PANEL_D" entry is generated to be transfered to the robot and the robot get no chance to clear its interface panel.

I removed the "optimization" conditions in the K-IDE code and than it was possible to clear the interface panel. This will be fixed in the next update.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

The following user say thank you: Taiwantobi

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

Error while receiving data.
copy/cut/paste in interface panel doesn't work

Xobor Xobor Community Software