K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Problems with overlapping text

#1 by zuoyuanchun , Fri May 01, 2020 5:44 pm

Hello:
My name is Zuo Yuanchun, and I am Chinese.
In recent days, I obtained the KIDE software. I found that the Chinese characters in the AS file will overlap with each other.
Chinese characters are composed of two bytes (ANSI), Windows-936 (GB2312) in the WINDOWS standard,
Because the Kawasaki robot AS file is a conventional 128 ANSI encoding (00-7F), the European character set (A0-FF) will not appear in the general AS file.
The Chinese width is the position of two English characters, and the encoding is also two characters, so I want to add the option to select the font (font.ttf) in the software should solve the problem of Chinese characters overlapping
So I don't recommend KIDE to use UTF-8 encoding, although the compatibility is higher, it may bring more problems.
I think the same problem will exist in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other languages.
I really like KIDE, I hope it can do better!

Thank you!
The above content is translated by Google online, Chinese to English
The following is the original Chinese
您好:
我的名字是左远春,我是中国人.
近几天获得了KIDE软件,使用中发现了AS文件中出现中文汉字会出现重合的问题,
中文汉字是由两个字节组成的(ANSI),WINDOWS标准中为Windows-936(GB2312),
因为川崎机器人AS文件为常规128个ANSI编码(00-7F),所以一般AS文件中不会出现欧洲字符集(A0-FF),
中文宽度是两个英文字符的位置,编码也是两个字符,所以我想在软件中添加选择字体的选项(font.ttf)应该就可以解决汉字重合的问题,
所以我不建议KIDE使用UTF-8编码,虽然兼容性更高,可能会带来更多的问题.
我想中文,日文,韩文,等语种也会存在相同的问题.
非常喜欢KIDE这个软件,希望它能做得更好!

谢谢!

zuoyuanchun  
zuoyuanchun
Date registered 05.01.2020

RE: Problems with overlapping text

#2 by cquante , Thu May 07, 2020 7:33 am

Dear Zuo,

thank you for your information about the character set!

We saw the same issue when realizing the Japanese language. It was a matter of selecting the right encoding for the AS data to get the correct view. So there is no need to switch to another, special character set. For the Japanese language we use "shift-jis" codec and for Korean language we use "ks_c_5601-1987". Don't ask me details about it... I searcht the codecs in the internet long time ago.

For Chinese language we select "gb2312" encoding. So we don't use UTF-8 encoding. Also some European languages need to have another special codec to work correct: Spanish, Italian and French need to have the "windows-1252" codec. The rest uses UTF-8 codec.

Can you please tell me the right codec to use with the Chinese language?

Thank you!

Christian Quante
Project Support & Development
Technical Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

RE: Problems with overlapping text

#3 by cquante , Thu May 07, 2020 7:59 am

I just forgot about to mention: the codec in K-IDE depends on the robots language settings. If your robots language is set to English, you'll recieve the AS text data in UTF-8 codec. If you switch to Chinese language, you will get GB2312 codec.

Christian Quante
Project Support & Development
Technical Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

Load program to E controller

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz