K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

CPU Error when loading KIDE .as from SAVE/LOAD in TP

#1 by FilipTokarcik_SDA , Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:26 am

Hello guys,

I'm not completelly sure, if this problem is related to KIDE, but maybe you had similar experience or can clafiry, what I'm doing wrong.
RS10L, E02

Few days ago we were completing the project - everything worked fine, but customer asked, if they can change prog via USB stick.
When I tried to load program I created in KIDE from usb (with and without robot data) I've got CPU error D0001 and controller froze, had to turn it off.
Later I realized that it does also when I load it from KIDE (when I check auxdata and sysdata to load)
I always crashed at this point :
>cpu_error1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)<

I then tried to save the .as file directly from controller to USB and then load back.
It was able to upload, but also poped errors :
>loading_back_from_usb.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)<

I was playing with it a bit back at office in Kroset, and it was crashing Kroset in exact same spot as real robot.

I contacted Kawa support of course, they suggested to do the init of the robot, but I have a feeling that I will end up the same result.(Can't test it out propely, the robot is at customer quite far away)
I tried to upload the empty backup for that robot they send me from Kwasaki(I could only do it in Kroset for now) and after uploading ALL data, I also had about 10 errors (not sure what erorrs, since it switches language to Japaneese), is that normal ?

Also I tried backup from different robot (also RS010L) and it did the same as abowe.
Just to clarify - the backups are not mixed - I mean the robot data - there are the proper backups from that particular robot.

Both robots are working without problems.

Could it be related somehow with KIDE downloading the backup and kinda... broking it ?

Thank you!

FilipTokarcik_SDA  
FilipTokarcik_SDA
Date registered 10.06.2020

RE: CPU Error when loading KIDE .as from SAVE/LOAD in TP

#2 by cquante , Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:40 am

Dear Filip,

thank you for your description! I have read your text with much interest and have not yet heard of such an error. The faulty part of the AS file seems to be the signal name area.

I'm quiet not sure about what happend but I guess it may have something to do with the length of the name string or the characters in the signal names.

Can you send me the signal name part of the AS file you tried to load via USB? It is part of the .AUXDATA section of the AS file. Please also tell me the language settings of your robot controller.

Christian Quante
Project Support & Development
Technical Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by FilipTokarcik_SDA , Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:52 pm

Dear Christian,

I've sent you the backup in PM.

I had the same idea, but when creating names, the KIDE warns you, if the names are too long - but truth to be told, my colleague was creating some of the names, and I did not check every single one of them, but he told me, he had no warining when creating them, and he knows about the lenght limitation. But I can check that, just to be sure.

I tought it was maybe because of the special characters in comments of signals (č, š, í ...) , but I tried that - empty project with one signal and special comment, works fine.

Regarding the loading problem, in previous post, I didn't wrote it correctly - it crashes KRoset only when loading from TP via Save/Load function.
When uploading from KIDE it throws errorrs. (tested in KRoset only)
Regarding the languages in both mentioned robots - I'm not sure, there were some options pre-installed, so it came with language set to English.
Or at least I think (The robot in our office had option to set Czech language, but it was still in English - not sure what is that about)

And there is another thing we found out, maybe related to this :

I was doing some testing in the office, we have a empty RS07L here.
When I downloaded backup via KIDE and then copy it to usb stick, I tried to load it from it, it throws 17 errors (loading robot data).

But when I created backup directly from controller to usb stick and load it back, it works no probs including robot data, it also works when uploading that backup via KIDE.
Wierd, huh? The RS07L had Czech language set.

FilipTokarcik_SDA  
FilipTokarcik_SDA

#4 by cquante , Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:03 am

Dear Filip,

thank you for the AS file! I checked it and found some errors in that file:

1. There are some empty lines in the .AUXDATA section
  2. The section .SIG_COMMENT does not have a finel .END

I guess something went wrong with that file. It is broken. For a test I added a .END just right after .SIG_COMMENT and got the AS file working. Even if there are a lot of more errors, it does not crash the controller.

Do you always handle around with full backups if you want to upload only some modified programs? IMHO it is a very risky way to do so. That's why K-IDE always disable AS system data to be transfered to the robot by default. There are many things inside the robot data, K-IDE do not know and do not care about. So that data is left untouched und unchecked. As a consequenz of that if some broken data is loaded into the K-IDE, it will kept broken and stored like it is.

If you like to transfer program changes from one robot to another I would like to suggest to store only the user data from your K-IDE project. You can use the export function from the context menu of the root node of your project.

2020-07-16 09_24_38-Window.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

In the dialog box deselect the system data and save the file.

2021-03-30 08_48_39-DasiALL_20180618_180000.as - Kawasaki Robotics IDE [ Project_ Inbetriebnahmen_H+.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Christian Quante
Project Support & Development
Technical Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante

#5 by FilipTokarcik_SDA , Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:05 am

Dear Christian,

Thank you for founding the problem. I checked the backups from both mentioned robots RS010L and there was missing that .END in both cases, weird.

Regarding those empty spaces,I noticed them, I wasn't sure if that could be a problem because I checked multiple backups from mutliple robots and a lot of them had those empty lines and was able to load them with no probs I think.
I'm not sure why they are they there, wierd thing is, I cannot delete them, they always appear again.

Regarding the loading - no, I never upload system data - except for AS file comment - what is it actually ?
I'm doing it since training - I was told, that AS file comment is sepparating the signals, so when you download backup from robot, they are not all under Reals - I was told wrong ? Could this be broking the backups ?

When I transfer changes between robots, I usually copy-paste one-by-one the stuff I need bewtween robot projects, so I dont mess up the system data. That export function looks much faster tho :) going to use it next time.

Anyways , so to store and load back full backups is better to use SAVE/LOAD function on TP and save it on usb stick ?

Thank you.

EDIT: Ok so, I was not able to add the .END there in KIDE, it always disapperd after re-opening. I had to do it in text editor.

And another thing came to mind :
comment.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

My colleague did a comment on signal like this, could it cause some trobules ? Maybe not allow to use " " in comments ? :)

FilipTokarcik_SDA  
FilipTokarcik_SDA

Last edited 04.01.2021 | Top

#6 by FilipTokarcik_SDA , Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:55 am

Sorry, can't edit previous post anymore.

I know why I was having trouble saving it with .END.
When I save/save as the .as file and re-open, it deletes the .END behind .SIG_COMMENT !
It even does it on good .as files, that previously had .END.
(Tested multiple backups from multiple robots, same result.)

KIDE version 1.0

FilipTokarcik_SDA  
FilipTokarcik_SDA

#7 by cquante , Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:51 am

Dear Filip,

Zitat von FilipTokarcik_SDA im Beitrag #5
Thank you for founding the problem. I checked the backups from both mentioned robots RS010L and there was missing that .END in both cases, weird.

I never realized such a faulty backup behavior. K-IDE does not touch the backup when loading it from the robot. It only saves the received data to a file.

Regarding those empty spaces,I noticed them, I wasn't sure if that could be a problem because I checked multiple backups from mutliple robots and a lot of them had those empty lines and was able to load them with no probs I think.
I'm not sure why they are they there, wierd thing is, I cannot delete them, they always appear again.

In most cases empty lines does not lead to a problem. To me it indicates that there may be something wrong with the file, but if that file is from the original controller backup, that is okay. I never saw empty lines in the backups I did and so I'm wondering why they are there.

There's no way to delete those lines if the controller decided that the lines have to be there. When loading a backup the controller freshly generates the AS file data from his internal data source and reformat the data. That's the reason why you cannot have empty lines in programs or uppercase variable names.

Regarding the loading - no, I never upload system data - except for AS file comment - what is it actually ?
I'm doing it since training - I was told, that AS file comment is sepparating the signals, so when you download backup from robot, they are not all under Reals - I was told wrong ? Could this be broking the backups ?

That is the correct way and should not confuse the controller.

When I transfer changes between robots, I usually copy-paste one-by-one the stuff I need bewtween robot projects, so I dont mess up the system data. That export function looks much faster tho :) going to use it next time.

Anyways , so to store and load back full backups is better to use SAVE/LOAD function on TP and save it on usb stick ?

That's the easiest way, because you don't need a notebook for it. We always use a USB stick when updating the firmware on our demo robots (for example).

EDIT: Ok so, I was not able to add the .END there in KIDE, it always disapperd after re-opening. I had to do it in text editor.

To edit and save the data in the "AS source" you have to use the "Regenerate function" in the source editor. Please make sure that there are not unsaved changes in the AS Tree of K-IDE before using that function, because the tree will be rebuild with the data from the source editor. You may take a look at the K-IDE Manual you'll find in the Doc directory to find out more about generate and regenerate.

And another thing came to mind :
My colleague did a comment on signal like this, could it cause some trobules ? Maybe not allow to use " " in comments ? :)

You are right, that does not look correct. I don't know if it leads to errors but I agree with you that such characters should not be used.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante

#8 by cquante , Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 am

Zitat von FilipTokarcik_SDA im Beitrag #6
I know why I was having trouble saving it with .END.
When I save/save as the .as file and re-open, it deletes the .END behind .SIG_COMMENT !
It even does it on good .as files, that previously had .END.
(Tested multiple backups from multiple robots, same result.)

KIDE version 1.0

I guess you don't use Regenerate after changing the AS Source. If you modify the AS source in the editor and then save the K-IDE project without using Regenerate, the AS Source is rebuild from the AS tree data and your manual changes are lost.

In general: if you need to modify the AS Source manually, you need to take care about the changes previously done in your K-IDE project. The safest way to do so is:

• Save the K-IDE project or Generate the AS source. All changes done in the K-IDE will be taken to generate a new AS source. When saving the K-IDE project, the AS source file will be generated automatically.
  • Open the AS source editor and do your manual changes.
  • Regenerate the K-IDE project via the button in the AS source editor.
  • Save the changes.

Please refer to the K-IDE Manual for more information.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante

#9 by FilipTokarcik_SDA , Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:09 am

Dear Christian,

I tried it also like that, but this is something else:

When I just open a good .as file, do nothing and only save it and close - next time when you reopen it, .END is gone behind the .SIG_COMMENT.

FilipTokarcik_SDA  
FilipTokarcik_SDA

#10 by cquante , Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Dear Filip,

you are right, it is the same in the AS file I just tested here. After saving the AS file, each empty section looses it's .END.

Pleas find a bugfix here: BETA / Update 1.0.0.9

Thank you for the report!

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante

#11 by FilipTokarcik_SDA , Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:34 pm

Happy to help - thank you also for express fix :) .

FilipTokarcik_SDA  
FilipTokarcik_SDA

Error when moving a robot
Array index wrong and not selectable

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz