K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Suggestions

#1 by AAS , Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:04 am

Hello,

I am currently using KIDE for the first time on a project. Previous programs have been written via Notepad++ and KRTERM.
I have been surprised at how much I still have needed to use KRTERM during commisioning and would like to know if KRTERM could be available via KIDE. I have found KIDE cannot do what KRTERM can in as far as:
- Editing a program that is running as a subroutine of a Primed program (KRTERM 'ed', 'o', 'm//', 'r', 'i' etc commands).
- Displaying signal status either (KRTERM 'IO', or 'ty sig(2001)'. As far as I can tell, the KIDE signal monitor window cannot display IO that is not allocated to a variable/name. Plus, the KIDE monitor window populates the 'Operation log' with monitor commands, pushing out other operations from the stack

Another question is:
Would it be possible to add the ability to view the status of signals in the program the same way you display variable values? Examples would be for any addresses used in SOUT, SFLP, SFLK or SIG() commands.

Overall though,
I'm really enjoying the KIDE program. It has made some aspects of programming much nicer to execute and is something that Kawasaki should have had for some time. Well done!

AAS  
AAS
Date registered 04.08.2021

RE: Suggestions

#2 by cquante , Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Hello!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your ideas!

Zitat von AAS im Beitrag #1
I am currently using KIDE for the first time on a project. Previous programs have been written via Notepad++ and KRTERM.
I have been surprised at how much I still have needed to use KRTERM during commisioning and would like to know if KRTERM could be available via KIDE. I have found KIDE cannot do what KRTERM can in as far as:
- Editing a program that is running as a subroutine of a Primed program (KRTERM 'ed', 'o', 'm//', 'r', 'i' etc commands).
- Displaying signal status either (KRTERM 'IO', or 'ty sig(2001)'. As far as I can tell, the KIDE signal monitor window cannot display IO that is not allocated to a variable/name. Plus, the KIDE monitor window populates the 'Operation log' with monitor commands, pushing out other operations from the stack

The commands you described are interactive commands. It is very complicated and error-prone to include such functions into the K-IDE. Those commands very often block the communication to the robot bacause the controller may waits for a user interaction. We once allowed such commands and saw a lot of trouble with the interface. Think about the situation where you forget about to enter the final key of an interactive function and then try to upload a program. The controller still waits for the key-press and does not allow to load a file. The K-IDE has switched to "auto-answer-mode" and send the normal aswers for loading a program to the robot (if the controller asks for some information). The communication will be blocked then.

That usecase will never happen if you're working with the terminal only. There you have only one line to enter your commands and you will realize very soon if you're not finished the interactive function.

Zitat von AAS im Beitrag #1
Another question is:
Would it be possible to add the ability to view the status of signals in the program the same way you display variable values? Examples would be for any addresses used in SOUT, SFLP, SFLK or SIG() commands.

At the moment it is not possible, because K-IDE does not check the complete line in the "mouse-over-function". So if your mose is over a number, for the K-IDE realizes simply that number and cannot see if it's used as a signal. On the other hand we would like to lead users to use signal names instead of handling around with bare signal ids.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

hide frame not used
Table search and filter functions

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz