K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

hide frame not used

#1 by Mr.T , Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:46 pm

hi,
Wouldn't it be nice if the side frame (terminal, inspection list, project explorer, ecc) could be automatically hidden or quickly resized with a button?
Like on visual studio, to understand. So if you need a inspection list frame you open it if it doesn't stay closed.

what do you think?
When using a laptop, every pixel is essential.

Mr.T  
Mr.T
Date registered 02.08.2021

RE: hide frame not used

#2 by Mr.T , Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:32 pm

another thing that would be good to have is the ability to collapse and expand all regions of code quickly

Mr.T  
Mr.T

#3 by cquante , Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:28 am

Dear Mr.T,

thank you for your suggestions!

1. Hiding controls
I agree with you, but it's not as simple as it looks like to add such functionality. As an alternative one can use the undocking functionality of the TAB-Editors (button with the up arrow) and then maximize the editor window. Maybe I will add some extended solutions in the future.

2. Collapsing and expanding folded code
There's a hotkey doing that task. You can use <Alt>+<0> to collapse all folders and <Shift>+<Alt>+<0> to expand them. I am sorry that I have not described these functions before!
For a full list of features of the build-in editor component (FastColoredTextbox) please take a look at this webpage: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/161...-highlighting-2
You will also find a full list of build-in hotkeys for the editor and some additional features. Collapsing and expanding with the above hotkeys are not described there because they are no standard actions and therefor realized using "CustomActions" which are coded in the K-IDE.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#4 by Mr.T , Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:33 am

Hi cquante,

thank you for the support!

I tried the shortcut for collapsing and expanding folded code but the shortcut does not work correctly because the program section also closes, when the single program is open.
is it solvable?

Mr.T  
Mr.T

#5 by cquante , Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:26 am

Hi,

I understand but a .PROGRAM section is part of the folding configuration. So it is correct to open and close it like all the other sections even if in single program view.

I just checked and found a strange behavior in this: K-IDE issues the command "CloseAllFoldingBlocks" of the textbox and expects all blocks to be closed. But when you reopen the first block (.PROGRAM) you'll realize that all other block are still open, so the above command does not work as it should. The expected behavior will be that when you close all blocks and then reopen the first one (layer 0) all other blocks should keep closed. Closing all the blocks by hand and finaly the .PROGRAM block and then reopen the .PROGRAM block shows all other blocks in closed state.

I will take a deeper look into it in the next days. Is this functionality mandatory for you / did you use it very often?

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante

#6 by Mr.T , Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:17 am

HI,

it is not a mandatory feature, but when you have many lines of code it is handy to have it and I would use it often.

Mr.T  
Mr.T

#7 by cquante , Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:19 am

Please find a new update that fixes the folding issues. Please use with care because of a recursive function!

BETA / Update 1.0.0.28

Thank you for reporting!

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Germany

cquante

#8 by Mr.T , Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:22 am