K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Unable to Import IO signals

#1 by T.Mmop , Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:10 am

Hi,

Having trouble importing the input/output signals from a robot .as using the KIDE.

i get the following error:

Error_Message.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

MY current setup is running a E52 Controller with a BX200L-C001

My hope is that i can be able to monitor these signals whilst the line is running for debug purposes.

T.Mmop  
T.Mmop
Date registered 09.13.2021

RE: Unable to Import IO signals

#2 by cquante , Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:04 am

Hi,

Zitat von T.Mmop im Beitrag #1
Hi,

Having trouble importing the input/output signals from a robot .as using the KIDE.

i get the following error:

MY current setup is running a E52 Controller with a BX200L-C001

My hope is that i can be able to monitor these signals whilst the line is running for debug purposes.

I don't see your project variables, but in general you can paste the signal variables as reals and then define the variables as signals. After that you are able to watch the variables in the text editor or add them to the inspection list.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

The following user say thank you: T.Mmop

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by T.Mmop , Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response, very helpful.

Was able to create a variable in the REALS then defined that as a signal at which point it moved to the signals tab and we are able to monitor it from the robot.

The problem is we would now have to do this for each individual signal of which we have many.

Is it not possible for the software to read these signals from the AUXDATA file where the signals are named and defined.

For example we have the following output signals defined as:

N_OX1 "CLR ADV TXFR"
N_OX2 "CLR RET TXFR"
N_OX3 "CLR TO UNCLAMP"

is KIDE not able to take the signal number and name and use that to define the signal? OX being for the output and WX being for the input?

Another thing noted is that I am unable to define the signal in IDE with spaces, but the robot is able to read signal name with spaces?

Edit_Identifier_Error.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

most of our signals are named with spaces in the characters, and if i now define the signals without spaces in KIDE it overwrites our existing signal names on the robot when monitoring

When i use CRTL+SHIFT+F5 to download from the robot, Only the items in bold is what was downloaded.

Capture.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

None of my signals are read from the robot backup, including the internal and system signals.

T.Mmop  
T.Mmop
Date registered 09.13.2021

#4 by cquante , Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 am

Zitat von T.Mmop im Beitrag #3

The problem is we would now have to do this for each individual signal of which we have many.

Is it not possible for the software to read these signals from the AUXDATA file where the signals are named and defined.

For example we have the following output signals defined as:

N_OX1 "CLR ADV TXFR"
N_OX2 "CLR RET TXFR"
N_OX3 "CLR TO UNCLAMP"

is KIDE not able to take the signal number and name and use that to define the signal? OX being for the output and WX being for the input?

K-IDE's way is in oposition to that. You define Signals as REAL variables and then use it in your source as "named signals". K-IDE will generate the list of variables in AUXDATA to allow access for the endcustomer.

Another thing noted is that I am unable to define the signal in IDE with spaces, but the robot is able to read signal name with spaces?

most of our signals are named with spaces in the characters, and if i now define the signals without spaces in KIDE it overwrites our existing signal names on the robot when monitoring

As K-IDE uses REAL variables as signal names, spaces are not allowed that names. Please keep in mind: named signals are used to allow easier programming. They are not mainly used to be viewed in status windows. Therefore the names should fit to the AS naming convention (15 chars, a-z, underline, dot).

When i use CRTL+SHIFT+F5 to download from the robot, Only the items in bold is what was downloaded.

None of my signals are read from the robot backup, including the internal and system signals.

To receive signals from the robot as signals and not as REALS, the robots AS data must contain the "AS documentation" that tells K-IDE which REALS variables are difined as signals.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

Information about NumPg
How to delete Signals etc. seperate on the Controller??

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz