K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Optionally store programs and variables seperated

#1 by tjasper , Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:22 pm

hi,

the AS language offers the possibility to save and load single parts of the program like functions or precision points in separate files via SAVE and LOAD commands. I like this approach very much, because I run several robots with the same code but slightly changed precision point variables and it is very cumbersome to make code changes to all .as files individually.
I would really like to be able to save and load variables and programs in separate files already in the KIDE environment.

The following user say thank you: cquante
tjasper  
tjasper
Date registered 11.23.2022

RE: Optionally store programs and variables seperated

#2 by cquante , Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:28 am

Hi tjasper,

thank you for your suggestion!

Zitat von tjasper im Beitrag #1
hi,

the AS language offers the possibility to save and load single parts of the program like functions or precision points in separate files via SAVE and LOAD commands. I like this approach very much, because I run several robots with the same code but slightly changed precision point variables and it is very cumbersome to make code changes to all .as files individually.
I would really like to be able to save and load variables and programs in separate files already in the KIDE environment.

I understand your workflow but I'm afraid this will not be implemented, because it will break the K-IDE philosophy. Sorry for that!

When we started the "K-IDE" software project, one of the fundamental requirements was to be able to store the entire robot project in an AS-compatible file and transfer it to the robot, so that the project can be loaded back from the robot into the K-IDE in exactly the same way. It was not intended to create a different data format on the K-IDE computer that could not be reconstructed from the robot's data. If you link your AS data from different files in different locations on your computer or network (via a separate project file or something like this), this link cannot be written to the robot or it will not make sense to do so.

In your example if you change some code in one K-IDE project, you need to include this change into any other K-IDE project (you can use copy & paste for variable lists and programs) before sending it to the robot. IMHO this is not a big deal.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by zuoyuanchun , Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:07 pm

@tjasper

I upload a project at github.
the tool will help you.
https://github.com/zuoyuanchun/KawasakiRobotDataSplitTool
The code just split interface panel and program.
I am developing a software, the function of this software is to use c# language to realize some functions of KRCC.DLL, so that the data can be processed directly, and some convenient functions can be realized.
Currently writing the network data flow part of saving and loading data, if it goes well, it will be completed around the Spring Festival in China.

zuoyuanchun  
zuoyuanchun
Date registered 05.01.2020

#4 by tjasper , Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:21 am

@zuoyuanchun

Sounds great. Is the tool also able to combine both again?
I hope to find time next week to test it.

tjasper  
tjasper
Date registered 11.23.2022

#5 by cquante , Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:39 am

To combine files you can just use the command line like this:

copy file1+file2+file3 targetfile

Example:

copy ifpanel.as+prog1.pg+prog2.pg asfile.as

or

copy ifpanel.as+*.pg asfile.as

Christian Quante