K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Comment Bug

#1 by AlessioValbusa , Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi,
Sometimes when i open a project, the KIDE replace the uppercase word with lowercase word. This occur when the word is equal to a program name and i think happen when i open a project that was not write with KIDE. As you can see in the image Kide_bug2.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) the word "TEST" and "M_MOVE" are uppercase but in Kide_bug1.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) are lowercase.

Thank you.
AV

AlessioValbusa  
AlessioValbusa
Date registered 07.25.2022

RE: Comment Bug

#2 by cquante , Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:19 am

Hi,
that is not a bug in K-IDE.

The robot controller stores all identifiers (like programs and variables) in lowercase whereas the keywords (like commands and functions) are written in uppercase. It doesn't matter how you write your variable and program names in your editor or in K-IDE. K-IDE uses a "trick" to allow mixed case identifier names: it stores the variable and program names in the project documentation and when loading the AS data from the robot, K-IDE translates the naming back to your chosen mixed case. Of cause no other software does this translation, so if you open the program in a normal editor, you'll get what the controller generates when downloading the AS data.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

#3 by AlessioValbusa , Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:10 am

Hi,
Sorry maybe I didn't explain myself, the words that are replaced are in the comments of the program. I know that inside the robot the variables and programs are all lower case, but in the comments it should stay as I write them and not made lowercase because they are equal to a variable or a program.

Thank you

AlessioValbusa  
AlessioValbusa
Date registered 07.25.2022

#4 by cquante , Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:40 am

Dear Alessio,

sorry for my misunderstanding! You are right, comments should never be modified. I will check that in the sources.

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

Error connecting to D controller
Problem with opening the manuals

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz