K-IDE support forum
Find all information about Kawasaki's Integrated Development Environment

Offline Debugging Function

#1 by NChew , Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:11 am

Hi all KIDE experts out there,

It seems like when I upload the programs/code to my robot controller, the internal KRTerm screen will automatically debug my code changes and prompt me when there are syntax errors. Thus, is it possible to do the debugging offline within KIDE before I even upload my new code to the robot? Just quickly checking if there are any options or functions for debugging features as I am unable to get any information in the user manual on this.

Regards,
Nicholas
Aspiring Kawasaki Roboticist

NChew  
NChew
Date registered 12.22.2023

RE: Offline Debugging Function

#2 by cquante , Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 am

Hello Nicholas,

the messages you see in the terminal & log window are messages from the controller. This is not a debugging function, but only a simple syntax check. For checking the syntax offline you need to upload your code to a virtual controller like PC-AS or K-Roset.

K-IDE is not able to do debugging but if you need it, you may take a look at K-Roset's "AS-IDE". AFAIK it's included in K-Roset since a few versions. The workflow for AS-IDE is totally different from K-IDE's workflow, but you can check programs coded by K-IDE offline in a K-Roset project. Please keep in mind that debugging is only supported for virtual controllers.

2024-03-04 06_22_44-MaikCP180 - K-ROSET.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Christian Quante
Technical Sales
Sales Department

Kawasaki Robotics GmbH
Rheiner Landstrasse 195A • 49078 Osnabrück
Germany

cquante
Date registered 12.20.2019

KIDE AS Upload Not Rolling Back Joint/Translation/Precision Data
Extracting Signals (I/Os) List directly from Controller

Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz